Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fancy Nancy

Wow, it has been a while since my last update. Last week was rather rough in my HEW workouts. In the middle of the Elizabeth benchmark, I pinched my back ... again! I still have an issue of lifting up my bottom first instead of keeping my core tight, so every time there is a Clean complex ... it gets the best out of my form. 

A couple of much needed rest days, by Monday I was back in full speed! And I am happy to report that when the Nancy aka "My WOD" came up, I was able to shave off 2:00 minutes of my time. Wahoooo!

Nancy:
 400 meters
15 Overhead Squats (65 lbs for Rx)















I think these were my previous times:
3/7/12 @ 35 lbs (only 4 rounds): 20:57
5/23/12 @ 35 lbs (only 4 rounds): 20:18
3/5/13 @ 42 lbs: 18:13
6/11/13 @ 42 lbs 16:19

Sorry to boast and to over gloat, but this workout was brutal. 

Another update that's happening in the real Nancy land is I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS over the weekend! All the plans for the wedding are creating massive amounts of stress, so I forsee a minimum 5-day a week attendance to the gym. Not to mention the fact that lately I feel rather distant from Danny -- for reasons I'd rather not share. Some people say this is the true test of a marriage, if we can work through this wedding planning, we can accomplish anything. But what the hell are sayings anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment