Thursday, June 27, 2013

Squeezed with lemon

This past weekend I sent my bridal dress for its first alteration appointment.

And I noticed something.

My corset was so tight that it was oddly, comfortably squeezing me to be greeted by back fat.

Either I completely do away with the corset or this back fat has to be targeted.

Of course, having ant hills for the chest region, I leaned towards losing the back fat angle rather than doing away with the corset.

So, the past two WODs this week, I had that mental image and worked towards my goal. Every time I thought about slowing down on a run, I sped up faster and concentrated on breathing. Those moments after the fourth round and you know you're tired, and all you want to do is put the bar down, shake it out and start over ... I finished my 5 reps unbroken.

This back fat has now become my friend that will soon be leaving me at the end of summer.

So this week, I was able to increase my weight in my shoulder to overheard (I'm now able to do at least 65lbs at 5 reps - 4 rounds. I was stuck at 42lbs for the longest time!!! )

And I increased my weight in my snatches (from 52 lbs last week to 55 lbs this week!)

Thank you for squeezing me with lemon, dear corset.

this isn't my wedding dress...I know Danny reads my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment