Wednesday, June 19, 2013

... Forcing overtime

As you may not know, I am a big NBA fan; the Miami Heat franchise to be exact. Basketball was always big in our household--on TV anyway since my papa and two brothers were not athletes per se.

As the youngest I was surrounded by what my brothers were into. And this came local network national sports. From the news of Magic's big announcement to Jordan's two 3-peats and more importantly, Riley's move from our rival Knicks to sunny South Florida, I became a basketball enthusiast.

With that said, this week has been a roller coaster of the Heat's third appearance to the NBA Finals playing big blowouts to big letdowns. 

The fire in these athletes' eyes is inspiring. All these players are determined til the end, which makes my workouts seem rather inferior. The adrenaline they must have during the game must be a complete high. Much like the feeling after your first 5K or shaving off some time on that dreaded Fran. 

I hate to think any of the NBA games is for pure entertainment and half actual acts of athleticism ... But I'm sure it is. 

Regardless, after last night's game 6 turnout -- of which the Heat probably should be feeling like giving up because there's no way out -- sticking with what you've got seems like the motto to power through the next one. I hope I know when that mile run seems too far, I know staying on course, without stopping is the only thing left to do. Losing was not an option for Miami Heat last night, just like stopping during a run should be.

Perhaps my analogy is far fetched, but I was left inspired by the perseverance of my heroes.


















Update: I love DVR. I am such a nerd that I'm re-watching the game from last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment