Monday, July 8, 2013

Basslines and Baseline










About two to three years ago, the word "baseline" or its homophone, bassline; meant something different to me. It was the rhythmic lower-end to music of bands that I played for. Yes, I was once a rock star; a bass player to many pop punk bands from South Florida, which people either really loved or truly hated. Here are photos for reference:


Dressed as a cowgirl for no apparent reason


So that was my bassline circa 1999-2011.

My my.... how things have changed.....

My baseline nowadays is a physical fitness test, a true sense of the word. An ongoing reason for why I WOD and continue to step foot at my gym. Here's the fitness test:

500m row
40 squats
30 sit ups
20 push ups
10 pull ups

6/8/13: 5:18 minutes (all knee push ups, green band pull ups)

7/6/13: 5:10 minutes (knee to feet push ups, green band pull ups)

Shaving off 8 seconds gave me a 2% improvement. Perhaps the best 8 seconds I've ever heard.

Regardless the spelling both are good foundation to my goals. What were your goals 10 years ago?




No comments:

Post a Comment