Saturday, May 25, 2013

Eat up, dillweed.

Cucumber Tomato Salad with Dill
This week has been taxing -- between the weather and all the excuses I've been making from not doing well in my WODs -- to even things that are happening in my personal life. ... So I won't elaborate on that.

I will talk about how dill has been in a lot of my cooking lately because I don't like herbs to go unused. So at least two batches of salmon dill has been prepared and consumed since posting about it. And I've even added to now one of Danny's favorite salad: Cucumber Tomato Salad with Dill! Yay for Dillweeds!

We had company over last night to watch Game 2 of the Heat vs. Pacers game; and my dearest friend is a vegetarian so I had to make sure I had an option for her. Towards the end of the game -- and because both Danny and I are emotional eaters, I found him picking at this salad, while the Heat unlawfully got robbed a second win. But alas, this blog is not about that. More about food.

I created it with rice vinegar and 2 tps of olive oil. I know there's a debate about vinegar being paleo or not, but I know for certain rice vinegar is not paleo considering the name. It actually didn't dawn on me until I started typing about it. I was certain during my creation, that I was following my regiment. But damn, this salad was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment