Friday, May 10, 2013

Overcoming Adversity



I'm not one for quotes. I actually think some of them are a bit pretentious and unoriginal. Although, when it pertains to working out and identifying with the quote -- I've become a hypocrite.

I created this image about a year ago after injuring my left knee -- from banging it on the corner of my office desk. This is comical to me because I frequent Hard Exercise Works five to six days a week. A gym known for high-impact/intensity workouts, much like CrossFit. I put my body to the test and am susceptible to various kinds of injuries -- and yet I get hurt because of my clumsiness!

My injury set me back the whole freakin' summer of 2012. It was good in the sense that I didn't have to run in the South Florida heat, however I felt deflated and weak for a good three to four months.

Fast forward to a year later. Since slowly coming back from the injury, I've ran two 5Ks, one I finished sixth in my age group; surpassed all of my personal lift goals as far as dead lifts, split jerks, snatches, etc; and have gone down to three dress sizes. 

The purpose of this post is that I kept this quote in mind, thinking at the same time last year I would hope I would be where I am today. Now, I've reached my hypothesis. My adversity, aka my bum knee, is overshadowed by my accomplishments and always remembering to push through my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment