Thursday, May 30, 2013

People Mover

I am really attached to the Boynton location of HEW. For a good year and plus months I was a WPB member and it was great to be part of that family. But because of our home break-ins and other personal reasons, we moved to Boynton mid-last year and thus had to commute 20 miles north to workout. This was taxing to our gas and safety (had to speed through 40 miles during rush hour traffic after work, so that I don't have to do a tardy-burpee penalty)!

I even considered signing up to the CrossFit Boynton across the street from our house but my loyalty to the HEW family, and the friends we had made, deterred me from changing gyms. To much of my surprise, this past March, HEW opened a new location in the same plaza as our apartment complex. (It's urban livin' bro)!

Since then, our WODs have been completed outside until the interior was complete. This past Saturday was moving day and we're finally indoors.

I guess the reason I'm so attached is being part of something from its inception. Yes, I miss WPB very dearly and I rarely see the friends I made from that location, but in comes room for more friends, more experiences, different scenery and all in all the same workouts! 


Saturday Movers

Moving Day Challenge

I was told to squat from the container to the gym. This did not happen.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment