Sunday, May 19, 2013

Spinach Salmon Cakes with Dill


Today, I concocted a tasty pan-grilled spinach salmon cakes with dill. It was 90% paleo because I used soy flour instead of coconut flour. 

The rest of the ingredients were:
A can of salmon (obviously)
Fresh spinach
Green onions
White onions
Fresh dill
Pinch of garlic salt
Soy flour (would have preferred coconut flour)

Having not made this before, one would assume research of existing recipes would have taken place. Nope, not me. I pretty much added things that I like together and hope for the best. I don't measure either, I eyeball quantities of vegetables. The only thing I am weary about are spices and anything with high content of sodium.

My blocks are still up in the air since my food scale broke. So I made smaller patties to monitor our portions. I paired this with stewed cabbage, which didnt really complement so well. Next time I will roast with broccoli and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment