Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Giddidy Gideon!

Yesterday's benchmark workout was called Gideon:

21-15-9
Power Clean
Push Press
Overhead Squat

The weight is meant to be light, therefore, I chose to go even lighter than the 65 Rx on the account of my pinched back from last week. I had meant to go on the 42lbs, but because of the growth of the class, they graduated me to a 45 lb empty bar. Now, I ain't got no time for that!

Going to HEW for a while now, a major thing I've absorbed from my coaches was being told a sign of a good athlete is listening to your body and modify if necessary. So, I listened I did. As much as I wanted to stay on the 45lb, another week of a pinched back was not something I was looking forward to ... considering this is a 21-15-9 workout. So I stayed behind and powered through a 35lb with two wooden plates (the weight of this is roughly 4lbs) sooo it's like 40shhhh lbs.

It's lower than my previous benchmark, but there are plenty of time in life to improve!?!

So, without further ado. I finished this baby up in the fastest personal record time -- and the fastest time in class. Woo hoo! 7:09!! The last time I did this was this January past at 42lbs over 9 minute plus.

Gideon WOD Results 5/28/13

2 comments:

  1. So you're one of THOSE WOD people.. finishing first and all.. ;)My name is typically right at the bottom of the list.. but that is amazing that you finished so quickly!!!!
    Super impressed, girl.

    I love your blog header, btw.. so simple yet so appropriate! Personally not a fan of Blosgspot.. cause I find it a pain to comment sometimes.. (and I won't know if you comment back unless I revisit this post..) but that's a personal preference.

    I like it. :)

    I saw two of the blogs on your list are The Ascent Blog and Journey of a Dreamer-- two of my personal favorites!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! That's shame that it doesn't give you an alert when someone comments. I honestly may consider moving it over to maybe WordPress? What do you think about that?

      Also, thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete