Saturday, July 20, 2013

Insomniac part 2

This is an ungodly hour.

4:37am.

I gave up coffee this week -- not a single cup of coffee was consumed to avoid random insomnia such as this. I have to be at HEW in less than 4 hours, plenty of time for a REM cycle, but surely not plenty enough time for proper rest. It's official. This wedding planning stuff has made me nuts-o.

The whole registry portion -- of adding things to a list to assist my close friends and family what to get us seems rather absurd to me. I am having a difficult time putting material things on a list, if I honestly don't really need anything. Sure, I can use newer linens and towels, but I honestly, don't need such things. I am re-thinking this registry business. And thus, I am ...thinking... overly thinking.

On a crossfit update:
Friday's WOD was a benchmark girl named Isabel (30 snatches for time / 95# Rx for grrls). I completed in 2:01 with a 42#, which I thought was a good starting point for this benchmark. I'm surprised I hadn't done this one before, but it has brought me to start liking snatches. Ha!

On a paleo update:
I was not so good this week with paleo. On Wednesday night, the movie theatre by my house was showing Back to the Future on screen as part of their Classic Movie Series (classic, I'm old!). I have never seen this best-movie-ever flick at the movie house before, so you could only imagine my excitement. This of course led to a non-paleo snack filled with movie theatre food and booze. Oh my awesome apple ciders that I cannot give up. I did pass on the opportunity for two treats today: a cake party (I don't like cake, so not really a win here) and a vanilla-iced dipped cone <-- big accomplishment here for saying no. I attribute falling on the wagon because of Marty McFly and reverting back to being a kid.

On a cat update:
from left to right: Fanta, Short Tail, Mas Boo Boos
Short Tail has a vet appointment tomorrow because she has been recently making strange throat noises lately. She has been purring louder than normal and it seems that she has water in her throat. A lot of my friends-with-cats have suggested she has eaten a bug/lizard, but I am just taking precautions.

Speaking of cats, I believe this stream-of-consciousness post is the first time I've ever mentioned my feline friends. To note, I have three: two siamese twins named Mas Boo Boos and Short Tail, and yes, from the same litter; and a forever kitten named Fanta (I believe she's a tabby-mixed bengal that has remained to be tiny and cute for two years now).





I believe some Zs need to be caught, or at least try to chase after them. Until next time, dear Insomnia!

No comments:

Post a Comment