Sunday, July 21, 2013

The departure

The gym had its first social hour Saturday night which I knew would be a blast! I love getting to see everyone in a different environment, all dolled up and dressed to the nines. We're so accustomed to our sweaty selves that it's nice to let loose and not worry about hitting PRs and if our dinner is paleo or not. 

Needless to say, after the night out I had yet to pack for my trip to Seattle, and to do this while not in my normal state was interesting. As I type this on the plane, I'm interested to know what I ended up putting in my suitcase. I guess Seattle may just have to bear with my last minute fashion sense.
 

My layover in Charlotte greeted me with Bojangles. Apparently it is the Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits. Now, please do as I say not as I do, because you can even see the grease seeping out of this bag. I did not have their said famous biscuits but their Cajun chicken was good. Vacation is off to a good start, diet wise!

As soon as I paid for it, my stomach also paid for it as well. I really do not miss fast food, and as much as I love to try new things, Bojangles and I are not friends.

To back track, I started drinking coffee again. According to Danny, I was not a different person, I functioned the same way and I still continued to have fits of insomnia. Sure, I should have waited, perhaps another week or so with my trial separation, but I'm going to the world of Seattle's Best Coffees and Starbucks ... It's just not the right time! 

Another hour of this long long flight...until next time when I'll have shots of mountains, trails, waterfalls and a skyline to one of my favorite cities of all time :)




2 comments: